Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Favorite american girl horse

  1. #1
    Inactive Member mer_chicky's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 30th, 2005
    Posts
    26
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am going to get an american girl horse soon. I was thinking about getting Penny becuase I have Felicity. Or do you think the newer horses are nicer! Please replie

  2. #2
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I recently got the Palomino horse. I liked it better than Penny because: its white socks aren't all the same height and look more realistic and its bridle and saddle are a nicer color IMO. The biggest reason is that the bridle is much more authentic on the Palomino horse, and as I understand it you can't remove the bridle from Penny (whereas you can with the Palomino). Since I have the sleigh, this was important to me- I don't want two sets of reins. Also, Penny doesn't really look like Felicity's horse. In the books, Penny is a chestnut (a horse that is bright red-brown all over) not a bay (brown with black mane and tail). Since none of the current horses were accurately like Penny, I just bought the one I most liked.

    I'll post pictures today- I think the Palomino looks really good with the sleigh and the color of the horse is stunning with Felicity's riding outfit- he matches the gold accents! [img]wink.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Pat B's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 10th, 2002
    Posts
    321
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wonder if they will bring out a new version of Penny as a tie in with the movie . They could add in Patriot.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member horsemom's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2003
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hope one day for Kirsten's horse, Blackie. I love black horses. And if they ever came out with a gray horse, I'd probably have to have it (both mine are gray).

    I do wish they'd make the velvet on their legs go all the way down to their hooves. My husband says it looks like "Apollo" (I named the Palomino) looks like he's wearing a velvet bodysuit. [img]eek.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MareGathersWords's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 13th, 2004
    Posts
    103
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I eventually want all four of the AG horses (Penny, Palamino, Steps High and Sparks Flying) but even though I love the story of Penny and Felicity, the first one I want to get is Steps High. And Sparks Flying, of course...can't break up a family there. I am a sucker for "colored horses" (paints, appaloosas, palminos, albinos) and I love her markings. Also, I want all of Kaya's collection, what I will focus on after I get rest of the historical dolls, and Appaloosas are a part of Native American history.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Aunt Cornelia's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    363
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    We have Kaya's horse, Steps High, and she is beautiful. But I really like the new Palomino just because her color is so pretty. Of course, Steps High has pretty markings also and I think she looks very realistic. It just depends on which colors/markings you like best. Their manes are just like the American Girl dolls hair (and fun to brush). [img]smile.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •